“We are delighted to be able to collaborate with Workshops for Women in the Emotional Health and Wellbeing work we undertake with our students. The interactive sessions that have been delivered have focused on developing resilience and our students have found the work engaging and helpful. Our students have worked together with Workshops for Women to identify the factors that help build resilience, people whom they think show resilience and how they could build their own resilience. The feedback from the students was overwhelmingly positive with students reporting that the sessions made them feel proud of themselves and more confident.
We look forward to continuing our work with Workshops for Women."
- Jackie Fahey, Deputy Headteacher, Whalley Range High 11-18 High School
"Allanah lead a great workshop on assertiveness for our members. She explained the societal and personal barriers to women being assertive, before guiding us through ways to be more assertive. The workshop was informative and practical and very useful for all our members who range in age from 20 - 70+!"
- Caroline Myers, WI Social Lite President
"I took part in a workshop for women workshop at the IMPACT conference. Allanah was a great facilitator and her workshop was thoughtful, inclusive, creative and fun! I liked it so much, that I asked her to help me run some workshops in my professional area too!"
- Bella Starling PhD, Wellcome Trust Engagement Fellow & Director of Public Programmes, Central Manchester NHS Trust
“There was so much positivity in the room and so much engagement in itself"
- Professor Mark GabbayDirector NIHR CLAHRC NWC and Associate Director NIHR Research Design Service NW
"I really enjoyed the session and felt that we worked well as a group to create something quite powerful in a very short space of time.
- Participant at our Self-Scene workshop at the IMPACT: Led by You conference.
“Very relaxing atmosphere. Safe space. No judgement.”
“Incredibly well researched and structured with a great mixture of participatory/ lecture activity”
“Speaker made us feel comfortable and safe. Lovely environment with great mix of women.”
- Comments from our workshop BOSS NOT B*TCH: An Introduction to Assertiveness
“I experienced a range of emotions - it was so much fun but I also had such an interesting time in the assertiveness workshop. Hearing different thoughts and anecdotes from other people in the group was really thought-provoking. The seriousness was well-balanced with the fun and silliness of the night though - and I loved that everyone was just free to do what they wanted with no pushiness or pressure. Everyone had a great time!”
- Participant from our Assertiveness Workshop at Girl Gang Manchester's 'Mean Girls' event.